- This event has passed.
Understanding altro-centric and authentic leadership: leadership approaches for the 21st Century?
November 13, 2015 @ 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Leadership approaches are like dispositions: managers need to select an approach that fits with the environment in which they are managing. The approach must also fit with the aims and culture of the firm. Leadership approaches should not be confused with leadership styles: styles are the day by day, hour by hour way in which leaders lead.
This webinar aims to give a structure and understanding to leadership approaches in order that managers can select the approach appropriate for their environment.
The webinar will explore leadership through two recent leadership terms: altro-centric and authentic leadership. These are bandied around as if leadership approaches.
This webinar will:
- Explain the terminology of leadership and how and why leadership works;
- Characterise leadership approaches in the 20th century;
- Establish the importance of context in choosing the right leadership approach;
- Characterise the 21st century management task and its context; and
- Determine how altro-centric and authentic leadership fits in the 21st century.
TimelessTime’s webinars are an ideal way of getting a complete overview of a particular strategy, HR or organisational development topic. After the webinar, delegates will be in an ideal position to set personal objectives for improvements in their own organisation.
This webinar lasts just 20 minutes and there’s some time afterwards to answer questions.