- This event has passed.
Doing Leadership – an educational seminar
February 26, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
John Berry will address the theories of leadership – since if the theories can be understood, practice comes easy. He’ll give everyone who attends a set of mental models that will immediately help them in their leadership tasks.
Leadership in organisations is best understood through science. Given this, John will:
- Clearly define, using scientific theory, what leadership is;
- Use these theories to show how to be an effective leader/manager;
- Set out the manager’s leadership tools;
- Illustrate the behaviours that bring leadership success;
- Bring these ideas together with a practical model of how to ‘do’ leadership.
And he’ll argue that with the right approach, all managers can be successful leaders.
John is an organisational psychologist and management consultant. He’s led teams and run departments and companies since 1985 when he built his first group of 20 consultants in Philips. In a global career he’s led teams in 32 countries.
Note: this is a Gatwick Diamond Business event. Visitors are welcome but they should register with GDB. The venue is Dorking Halls, Dorking, Surrey. See http://www.gatwickdiamondbusiness.com/event-23-.html.