- This event has passed.
Free webinar: Understanding how to manage sickness absence and wellbeing in staff
September 18, 2015 @ 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Sickness absence and wellbeing in staff are flip-sides of the same coin.
Sickness absence, and the more subtle presenteeism, are management problems that all but the luckiest managers must cope with. Staff go off sick. Sometimes it’s genuine. Sometimes not. Sometimes it’s caused by issues at work. Sometimes it’s not. And sometimes they come in to work sick.
Many managers don’t tackle sickness absence. They have staff off sick, absent but still employed six months or a year later. Certainly few managers bother about wellbeing, considering that it’s for the employees to look after themselves and turn up ready and fit for work.
And yet it’s in managers’ interests to learn how to ensure wellbeing and how to manage staff sickness.
This webinar will explain how and build practical models for managers to use immediately. It will cover:
- Categorising and describing wellbeing and sickness to aid management;
- The causes of poor wellbeing/sickness and its effect on business outcomes;
- Strategies for managing sickness absence and improving wellbeing;
- A six-point intervention for managing stress in staff and managers;
- An integrated model to improve wellbeing and control sickness.
TimelessTime’s webinars are an ideal way of getting a complete overview of a particular strategy, HR or organisational development topic. After the webinar, delegates will be in an ideal position to set personal objectives for improvements in their own organisation.
This webinar lasts just 20 minutes and there’s some time afterwards to answer questions. Questions last just 10 minutes.