All customers need to know that their suppliers will provide them with quality.
Ensuring that a company’s management system complies with the international quality standard ISO9001:2015 goes a long way to providing customers with the necessary confidence to buy.
Management consultant TimelessTime has recently transitioned from ISO9001:2008 to the aspirational upgrade ISO9001:2015.
SGS, the world’s leading certification company, confirmed TimelessTime’s re-certification after two days of audit.
ISO9001:2015 centres on seven management principles that secure quality.
- The first is that a company’s management must demonstrate its customer focus. Auditors expect to see how customer needs are met and exceeded.
- Good quality also comes from having a unified direction and mission, and this comes from strong leadership.
- Quality companies must also create value for their customers. They do this by employing competent, empowered and engaged people at all levels of the organisation.
- And quality comes from embedding processes. Effective processes help achieve consistent and predictable results.
- At a time when conditions evolve quickly, the fourth principle identifies that no company can stand still. The ISO standard seeks to ensure that a company has an on-going focus on improvement.
- Making decisions is never easy for managers. Ensuring that decisions are based on the analysis and evaluation of data helps improve decision quality.
- Finally, identifying and managing the relationships that a company has with its stakeholders drive sustained business success.
Those seven management principles make good sense in securing efficiency and minimising costs. But implementing those standards through ISO9001:2015 helps assure customers that a supplier embraces quality in everything it does.
TimelessTime started trading back in 2010 and in the same year achieved certification under ISO9001:2008. It has flawlessly retained the standard through annual surveillance audits and through three re-certifications. This last re-certification visit confirmed that its systems were compliant with ISO9001:2015.